A collection of traditional mithai, desserts, and fusion recipes for your Diwali menu!
Diwali, the festival of lights, celebrates the triumph of good over evil. And what better way to celebrate than with sweets? Here is a collection of our favorite Diwali recipes that include traditional recipes such as Badam Peda, Kheer, and fusion desserts such as Diwali Dessert in a Jar, and Saffron-Coconut cake inspired by nariyal ladoo.
If you are looking for something a little different, a unique flavor combination or just want to get a little creative this Diwali, here are 7 of my recipes that may serve as inspiration. Happy Diwali to you and yours!
- Quick and Easy Badam Peda: An easy way to make the classic Badam Peda
2. Carrot Halwa: Deliciously rich gajar halwa (carrot fudge) can be made quick and easy using an Instant Pot.
3. Layered Diwali Dessert Jars: Three layers of pure indulgence: Dulce de Leche, Gajar Halwa, and Phirni layered in a jar
4. Rose Kalakand with Cardamom Shortbread: Kalakand is a traditional Indian milk cake, and my rose-flavored version is made easier with the use of condensed milk, ricotta cheese, and milk powder and a cardamom-flavored shortbread base for added texture.
5. Instant Pot Kheer: Rich and delicious, kheer or Indian rice pudding can be made with ease in the Instant Pot.
6. Coconut Ladoos:
Coconut ladoos or 'nariyal ladoos' are delicious sweets served during Indian Festivities such as Diwali and Ganesh Chaturti. These sweet balls are made with just 3 ingredients and come together in under 15 minutes!
7. Mysore Pak
Learn how to make the traditional Mysore Pak, similar to the famous Sri Krishna Sweets version of Mysore Pak!
8. Coconut & Almond Egg-less Cake with a Saffron Rosewater Glaze: This ‘nariyal-laddu’ - inspired cake is made egg-less for guilt-free indulgence over Diwali
9. Carrot Fudge & Saffron White Chocolate Mousse: A dessert that pairs the intense, moreish flavors of a traditional Indian carrot fudge dessert (gajar halwa) with a more restrained, elegant saffron white chocolate mousse.