This sheet pan honey garlic chicken is an easy meal to put together, gets done in 30 minutes, and is super flavorful, with a delicious honey-garlic sauce!
(This post was first published in October 2018 and has been updated)
Sheet pan meals are not just easy to make, they can super flavorful and yummy too! Sheet pan chicken meals have come to my rescue on many a weeknight, and on days when I couldn't be bothered to make elaborate meals.
Chicken and potatoes are a combination that is perfect for sheet pan meals. The two ingredients cook at the same time and can be flavoured with any combination of spices and condiments. If you've been a reader of my blog, you'll know that I absolutely adore honey and garlic - I use these to make the marinade for my honey chili prawns, tamarind and honey-glazed salmon, and many more.
This recipe is packed with flavor - the chicken, potatoes, and carrots roast in a marinade made with honey and garlic and the roasting juices are SO GOOD!
To make this recipe, you wil need:
- Chicken Thighs and Legs (bone-in, skin-on)
- Potatoes (any variety of roasting potatoes will do)
- Carrots (rinsed and chopped)
- For the marinade - Olive oil, honey, garlic, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, salt, black pepper, dried herbs (basil, thyme and parsley)
How to Make Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Chicken
- Add the chicken pieces, carrots, potatoes along with the marinade ingredients to a food-safe bag.
- Toss all the ingredients in the bag until the chicken and vegetables are well coated with the marinade.
- Transfer all the contents of the bag onto an oven-proof tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 C (350 F) for 20 minutes.
- The resulting pan juices are so flavorful, you'd be hard-pressed not to spoon them into your mouth immediately! But, be patient, let the chicken rest for 5 -7 minutes.
- Serve with some crusty bread on the side.
More 30-Minute Weeknight Recipes
Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Chicken
- 5 pieces of chicken legs and thighs skin-on, bone-in
- 2 large carrots chopped into cubes
- 3 medium potatoes chopped into cubes (use baby potatoes if you have them)
For the marinade:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 large garlic cloves grated
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs + 1 teaspoon for garnish – I used basil thyme and parsley (optionally, use dried herbs)
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Preheat the oven to 180C (340 F) while you prep the ingredients.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken pieces.
- Into a large food-safe zip-lock bag, add the chicken pieces along with the potatoes and carrots.
- Add all the marinade ingredients to the bag, and seal the bag.
- Give the bag a few good tosses, until the chicken and vegetables are well coated with the marinade.
- Transfer all the ingredients from the bag into a sheet pan or an oven-safe tray. Spread out the ingredients so that they bake evenly.
- Bake at 180 C (350 F) for 20 minutes until the chicken juices run clear and the skin is browned.
- Serve with a side of crusty bread or steamed rice.
Caramel Tinted Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites.