This sheet pan honey garlic chicken is an easy meal to put together, gets done in 30 minutes, and is super flavorful, with a delicious honey-garlic sauce!
(This post was first published in October 2018 and has been updated)
Sheet pan meals are not just easy to make, they can super flavorful and yummy too! Sheet pan chicken meals have come to my rescue on many a weeknight, and on days when I couldn't be bothered to make elaborate meals.
Chicken and potatoes are a combination that is perfect for sheet pan meals. The two ingredients cook at the same time and can be flavoured with any combination of spices and condiments. If you've been a reader of my blog, you'll know that I absolutely adore honey and garlic - I use these to make the marinade for my honey chili prawns, tamarind and honey-glazed salmon, and many more.
This recipe is packed with flavor - the chicken, potatoes, and carrots roast in a marinade made with honey and garlic and the roasting juices are SO GOOD!
Why this recipe works
- Super easy to make with very little prep involved
- Easy, yet no compromises on flavor!
- Takes just 30 minutes from start to finish
List of ingredients
To make sheet pan honey garlic chicken, you will need:
- Chicken Thighs and Legs - bone-in, skin-on
- Potatoes - Use any variety of roasting potatoes
- Carrots - Chopped into cubes
- For the marinade - Olive oil, honey, garlic, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, salt, black pepper, assorted dried herbs (I used basil, thyme, and parsley)
How to Make Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Chicken
Chop the potatoes and carrots into cubes.
Add the chicken pieces, carrots, potatoes into a food-safe bag.
Add all the ingredients for the marinade into the bag. Toss all the ingredients in the bag until the chicken and vegetables are well coated with the marinade.
Transfer all the contents of the bag onto an oven-proof tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 C (350 F) for 20 minutes.
The sheet pan honey garlic chicken is ready! The sheet pan juices are so flavorful, you'd be hard-pressed not to spoon them into your mouth immediately! But, be patient, let the chicken rest for 5 -7 minutes before you serve the chicken. A side of crusty bread will go well with this recipe.
FAQs and Tips
Yes! This recipe is perfect for prepping ahead of time. You can add the chicken and veggies with the marinade in the bag, and keep it for up to 2 days in the fridge, or a month in the freezer. if the chicken has been kept in the freezer, thaw the chicken before baking it.
To make sheet pan chicken, the best pan is a regular roasting pan. You could also use a cast iron pan for baking the chicken (for a small batch of sheet pan chicken).
This sheet pan honey garlic chicken is a complete meal - the chicken and veggies are cooking together and pair well together. You can also optionally serve the sheet pan chicken with crusty bread or rice or even couscous.
More 30-Minute Weeknight Recipes
Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken
Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Chicken
- 8 chicken legs + thighs skin-on, bone-in
- 2 large carrots chopped into cubes
- 3 medium potatoes chopped into cubes (use baby potatoes if you have them)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F while you prep the ingredients.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken pieces.
- Into a large food-safe zip-lock bag, add the chicken pieces along with the potatoes and carrots.
- Add all the marinade ingredients to the bag, and seal the bag.
- Give the bag a few good tosses, until the chicken and vegetables are well coated with the marinade.
- Transfer all the ingredients from the bag into a sheet pan or an oven-safe tray. Spread out the ingredients so that they bake evenly.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes until the chicken juices run clear and the skin is browned.
- Serve with a side of crusty bread or steamed rice.
The whole family LOVED this flavourful sheet pan dinner. Honey garlic goes great with chicken!
This is my kind of recipe! Affordable meat, big flavors, and little cleanup! We all loved this dish - thanks for another winner!
I love sheet pan dinners for their convenience. It's so easy to make it all in one pan. My family loved the honey garlic sauce.
The marinade for the chicken was so good! I was looking for a good recipe for chicken thighs and now I have one, thank you!!
We love sheet pan meals, especially when they're full of flavor like this honey garlic chicken!
Cindy Gordon says
Sheet pan meals are THE best! They make crazy dinner times so much easier! This honey garlic chicken looks delicious!
Jessica Formicola says
I love sheet pan meals! This looks so flavorful and delicious!
Mary Bostow says
Wow and Wow recipe for this chicken is truly unique. You are a genius! This is really a great job! Now, this recipe will be one of my favorites. Looks incredible!
Lisa | Garlic & Zest says
I just wish I could stick my hand through the screen to snag one of those chicken legs! This is my kind of easy one-pan dinner and I know my family would really enjoy it. Putting this on my menu this week.
Such a wonderful sheet pan recipe! I don't make these nearly enough. I absolutely love the color on that chicken. Definitely perfect for pairing with crusty bread.