Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
Instant Pot mashed sweet potatoes are a delicious side for the holidays! A savory version of sweet potatoes, seasoned with salt, black pepper, and butter, this pressure cooker recipe is super smooth and creamy without any added cream.
- 680 grams Sweet Potatoes Peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Parsley Finely chopped
- salt to season
Place a trivet in your Instant Pot. Add 2 cups of water to the steel pot.
In a steamer basket, add the peeled and cubed sweet potatoes.
Close the lid of the Instant Pot and Pressure Cook on High for 10 minutes.
After the cooking cycle is complete and the Instant Pot starts to beep, manually release pressure (Quick Pressure Release).
Open the lid of the Instant Pot and take out the steamer basket. Keep aside.
Drain the water in the Instant Pot and add the cooked sweet potatoes to the pot, along with the butter. Using a potato masher, mash until smooth.
Add seasonings - black pepper and salt, and mix well until smooth. You can use a spatula or a whisk for this.
Serve with a garnish of fresh chopped parsley and added butter.
- Choose any sweet potato varieties with orange or red skin and orange flesh - such as Red Garnet or Jewel.If you prefer sweet to savory, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of Maple syrup or even agave syrup, and brown sugar. Optionally, add marshmallows.
- For a spicier variation of this recipe, add paprika and chopped green chilies or chili flakes, or even cloves and cinnamon.
- Butter can be replaced with a non-dairy butter substitute
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 125mg | Potassium: 573mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 24291IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg