Air Fryer eggplant can be made with just 3 ingredients, in under 15 minutes. Eggplant slices are brushed with olive oil, seasoned with salt, and air-fried to perfection! Have them on their own with a dip or as a side dish.
(before you scroll or jump down, don't miss the tips in the post!)
This quick and easy air fryer recipe is the simplest way to cook eggplant in your air fryer. All you will need are sliced eggplant, olive oil, and salt to season. No cheese, no breadcrumbs needed! Healthy and easy, and perfect with a simple dip or as part of a menu.
Why this recipe works
- The eggplant slices come out perfectly cooked - tender on the inside and slightly crisped up on the outside.
- You will require a lot less oil than you would need for cooking the eggplant on the stovetop.
- No monitoring is needed, just flip the eggplant once through the airfrying cycle.
To make air fryer eggplant, all you need are:
Eggplant - Look for a purple eggplant that's medium-large in size and doesn't have bruises. Slice the eggplant into approximately 1 cm thick slices.
Olive Oil - Brush the eggplant with olive oil on both sides. This is important and prevents the eggplant from drying out.
Salt / Added seasoning - I like to season the eggplant with nothing more than salt. You can opt for additional spices or herbs such as paprika or dried herbs.
In a mixing bowl, toss together the eggplant with olive oil and salt. Make sure that the eggplant is well coated with the olive oil.
In the preheated basket of an airfryer, place the eggplant slices in a single layer, making sure not to overcrowd the basket.
Air fry at 400 F for 7 minutes, then take out the air fryer basket, and flip the eggplant slices. Continue air frying for 5 minutes more. Your air fryer eggplant slices are now ready! Take out the air fryer basket.
Yogurt dip - I like to serve grilled air fryer eggplant with a yogurt dip made with Greek yogurt mixed with olive oil, cumin, and salt. Just whisk it all together to serve.
Garlic butter - You can also top the eggplant with freshly minced garlic combined with melted butter. Garlic and butter pair very well with grilled eggplant.
Parsley - Garnish the air fryer eggplant with some freshly chopped-up parsley.
Similar Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer sweet corn on the cob
Air Fryer Eggplant
- Air Fryer
- Start by slicing the eggplant into 1-cm thick slices.
- In a mixing bowl, brush the eggplant slices with the olive oil.
- In a pre-heated air fryer, place the eggplant slices in a single layer. Air fry at 400 F (200C) for 7 minutes, then take out the air fryer basket and flip the eggplant slices over. Return the air fryer basket back into the air fryer. Air fry for 5 minutes more. (see notes).
- After the air frying cycle is complete, take out the air fryer basket. Serve with yogurt-based dip.