Air Fryer Baby Potatoes are perfectly roasted potatoes that are tender on the inside and with crispy skin on the outside. These roasted mini potatoes are a perfect side dish for pretty much any meal!
Baby potatoes or mini potatoes are simply the best kind of potatoes for a side! No peeling or pre-boiling of the potatoes is necessary, the skin is delicious and can be eaten, and there is basically no prep required. Once you start to make these Air Fryer baby potatoes, you wouldn't want to make them any other way.
Air fryer baby potatoes are made with just 3 ingredients, and it is one of the easiest sides you can make in your air fryer. Just like Air Fryer Eggplant and Air Fryer Bananas, this is a super simple recipe, which you can make without any supervision, with your air fryer.
To make Air Fryer mini potatoes you will need:
Baby Potatoes - Use any variety of red or yellow baby potatoes
Oil - I like using olive oil for the flavor, but any vegetable cooking oil will work fine for this recipe
Salt - Use a good quality sea salt or kosher salt to season the baby potatoes
Optional Seasonings - I like to add minced garlic or finely chopped rosemary to this recipe to give it an extra level of flavor
Start by adding baby potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Then sprinkle over the salt and the olive oil.
Toss everything well with a wooden spatula, until the potatoes are well coated in the oil and seasonings. Add the baby potatoes to a preheated Air Fryer basket and Air Fry for 20 minutes at 400 F.
At the 10 minute mark, take out the tray and shake it to flip the mini potatoes so that they roast evenly on all sides. Place the tray back into the Air Fryer and let the Air Frying cycle complete.
Once the Air Fryer cycle is completed, transfer all the potatoes into a plate and serve. Your perfectly roasted Air Fryer Baby Potatoes are now ready!
Look at the insides....super tender and perfectly cooked!
How to Make Baby Potatoes Extra Crispy?
- For a nice golden brown crispy Air Fryer potatos, you need to cut the baby potatoes into half. I have left the potatoes whole in this recipe, but you can choose to cut them into two and then proceed with the recipe to get that golden crispy skin on them.
- Remember that if you replace baby potatoes with regular potatoes, you can make them extra crispy by simply peeling and cubing them, and then soaking the potato cubes in cold water for 30 minutes to draw out some of the starch. This will make them super crispy!
- Do not crowd the air fryer basket – this is the one big rule you need to follow for roasting anything in the Air Fryer – from crispy chicken to mini potatoes – crowding the Air Fryer basket will not help in crisping them
Here's how you can make your own variations of this recipe -
Air Fryer Baby Potatoes and Carrots
To make baby potatoes together with carrots in the Air Fryer, simply cut the carrots in half and add them to the mixing bowl along with the mini potatoes. Add oil, and salt, and seasoning. Toss and continue with the same recipe instructions - the time and temperature for the air frying cycle will be the same.
Air Fryer Potatoes and Sausage
You can also make baby potatoes with sausages in the Air Fryer. In the last 10 minutes of the AIr Frying cycle, when you take out the basket to shake the mini potatoes, simply add the sausages to the basket and continue to Air Fry. Your Air Fryer potatoes and sausages will continue to cook together will be done at the same time!
Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Air Fryer
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- ½ tsp Rosemary finely chopped
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 400 F (205 C) ( I have used an Instant Vortex)
- Add the baby potatoes, to a large mixing bowl. Add the oil and salt and garlic and rosemary (if using)
- Mix well, spread in an even layer in the preheated Air Fryer basket.
- Air fry at 400 F for 20 minutes. At the 10 minute mark, take out the basket and shake it to ensure the baby potatoes fry evenly.
- Air Fryer roasted mini potatoes are now ready. Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm.